TF1169 : St Lawrence, Bardney

taken 10 years ago, near to Bardney, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

St Lawrence, Bardney
St Lawrence, Bardney
The church of St Lawrence was built in 1434 of stone & brick in the Perpendicular style. The chancel was restored in 1873 and the rest of the church 1878-1880. Wall paintings of Lincolnshire Saints adorn the chancel walls. The altar is reputedly the body stone of St Oswald, and is unusual in having seven consecrational crosses. On the walls are four Charity Boards, two of which have portraits of the donors.

The church sits almost 45 out of the traditional east/west alignment.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Dave Hitchborne and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF1169, 102 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 16 December, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 10 February, 2008
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 119 693 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:12.5721N 0:19.5549W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 118 693
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 59 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register