TQ0695 : Croxley Green

taken 12 years ago, near to Croxley Green, Hertfordshire, Great Britain

Croxley Green
Croxley Green
The Green viewed looking northwards. The Coach and Horses Public House, which is a Grade II listed building, is on the left. Note the fine old style lamp posts!

The name Croxley is reputably derived from Croc's Lea in Saxon times, and the Green has been owned at various times by the Church, the Crown, and Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge. In 1945 it was sold by the College to Rickmansworth Urban District Council, and is now owned and maintained by their successors, Three Rivers District Council.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ0695, 63 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 October, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 23 October, 2005
Category
Village green   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 069 957 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:38.9964N 0:27.3757W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 069 956
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for TQ0695) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 452 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register