SO1107 : Calvary Evangelical Church

taken 10 years ago, near to Rhymney, Caerphilly/Caerffili, Great Britain

Calvary Evangelical Church
Calvary Evangelical Church
This building is a "Tin Tabernacle" built around 1895 as an English Calvinistic Methodist Chapel. It was used for this purpose until 1943 and subsequently by the Rhymney Town Band and Alcama Dramatic Society. It was in a dilapidated state in the early 1960s but then restored and used for worship by the Rhymney Full Gospel Mission in 1963. It was refurbished, recladded and extended in the 1980s with the help of Nacro, the crime reduction charity, and continues to this day as a place of worship.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Robin Drayton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SO1107, 204 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 26 September, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 16 February, 2008
Category
Chapel   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 115 075 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:45.5774N 3:16.9854W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SO 115 075
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 101 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register