NS5064 : Barshaw House, near Paisley

near to Paisley, Renfrewshire, Great Britain

Barshaw House, near Paisley
Barshaw House, near Paisley
Barshaw House (now flats), was built by Robert Smith, and later reconstructed by wealthy Paisley businessman James Arthur. After their death, the estate was sold to the Paisley Town Council in 1911, with the park officially opening the following year. The mansion-house was turned into an infirmary and in 1917 it became a military hospital for wounded soldiers. In 1919 the building was returned to the council and was converted to a military hospital. In 1958 it was turned into a home for the elderly.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Chris Upson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5064, 53 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for NS5064)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 October, 2005   (more nearby)
Sunday, 23 October, 2005
Stately home   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 503 642 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:50.8622N 4:23.5584W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 2103 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved