SU7886 : Kenricks, Hambleden

near to Hambleden, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain

Kenricks, Hambleden
Kenricks, Hambleden
Kenricks was the Rectory from 1629 to 1938 and then reverted to private use. It was largely rebuilt in 1724 by the Rector Rev. Dr Scawen Kenrick hence the name. [Information from present owner]. It is listed grade II*. Described on British Listed Buildings website as "House, formerly rectory. 1725, incorporating older building to rear. Red and vitreous brick with red dressings,
hipped slate roof, small brick chimneys " followed by a detailed description.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright David Hawgood and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2008
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU7886, 50 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Fourth Visitor for SU7886)
Date Taken
Wednesday, 13 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 16 February, 2008
Geographical Context
Village, Rural settlement  Housing, Dwellings  Historic sites and artefacts 
Former (from Tags)
Rectory 
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 787 866 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:34.3671N 0:51.9482W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 783 864
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 570 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register
donate to geograph