TQ1097 : Watford: The Flag public house

taken 10 years ago, near to Watford, Hertfordshire, Great Britain

Watford: The Flag public house
Watford: The Flag public house
This attractive building was originally the Clarendon Hotel, built in Station Road in 1860 to serve travellers using the nearby Watford Junction railway station. A comparison with a drawing of the building made in 1862 shows that little has changed in the intervening 146 years! It eventually became a Benskins public house known as The Pennant, but subsequently was rebranded as The Flag and Firkin, finally dropping the Firkin name. For some time the forecourt outside the building, to the left, was used as the bus terminus for the railway station. The building to the left formerly housed the hotel's stables. The building is Grade II listed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ1097, 74 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 16 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 17 February, 2008
Category
Public house > Public house   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 109 973 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:39.8128N 0:23.8777W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 109 973
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 508 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register