SD9105 : Osborne Mills, Chadderton

taken 10 years ago, near to Oldham, Great Britain

Osborne Mills, Chadderton
Osborne Mills, Chadderton
Pair of mills on Osborne and Waddington Streets. No. 1 (back)was by A H Stott in 1873, extended 1891 and 1900, closed 1968. 66,008 spindles in 1910.
No. 2 was by P S Stott in 1912 with 54,720 spindles. Also closed 1968.
No. 1 had Petrie engines and then from 1920 a C A Parsons turbine. No. 2 had a 1200 hp Hick, Hargreaves.
Now in multiple occupation.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Chris Allen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD9105, 61 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 16 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 18 February, 2008
Category
Mill   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 914 057 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:32.8718N 2:7.8396W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 913 056
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 119 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register