TQ5738 : Brighton Lake

taken 10 years ago, near to Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, Great Britain

Brighton Lake
Brighton Lake
Excavated in 1858 from a nearby chalybeate spring which was also one of the sources of the River Grom. Its construction was originally carried out by William Law Pope, a minister of King Charles Church, as a scheme to provide work for the town's unemployed. Its name derives from the road to the right which was once known as Brighton Road but is now the A26 Eridge Road. The lake is at the very southern edge of Tunbridge Wells Common.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5738, 448 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 17 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 19 February, 2008
Category
Lake   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 576 385 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:7.4666N 0:15.1188E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 576 385
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 58 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register