SJ9494 : Joseph Adamson's 1885 Mill

taken 10 years ago, near to Hyde, Tameside, Great Britain

Joseph Adamson's 1885 Mill
Joseph Adamson's 1885 Mill
Viewed from across the Peak Forest Canal.

The firm of Joseph Adamson was established in 1874 by Joseph Adamson in partnership with Harry Booth, who retired in 1887. Adamson's two sons were then taken into partnership in 1902. The business was carried on by the sons after Adamson's death in 1920 until 1925, when the partnership was dissolved leaving the eldest son, Daniel, as sole proprietor of the business, assisted by his two sons, G.H.Adamson and J.Adamson.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Gerald England and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ9494, 1731 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 9 September, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 19 February, 2008
Category
Mill   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 944 947 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:26.9581N 2:5.1292W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 943 947
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for SJ9494)
This page has been viewed about 132 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register