NT4728 : Statue of Sir Walter Scott

taken 10 years ago, near to Selkirk, Scottish Borders, Great Britain

Statue of Sir Walter Scott
Statue of Sir Walter Scott
This statue stands in Market Place, Selkirk, beside the former Town House and Sheriff Court House, where Sir Walter Scott dispensed justice from 1803-32. Erected in 1839, it shows Scott in the dress of Sheriff, and the pedestal carries the arms of Scott, the arms of Selkirk, a winged harp and a Scots thistle. A new base was added to the front in 1932. (Source: Borders and Berwick, An Architectural Guide by Charles Alexander Strang).
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Walter Baxter and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NT4728, 167 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 16 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 19 February, 2008
Category
Statues   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 4700 2848 [10m precision]
WGS84: 55:32.8278N 2:50.4927W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NT 4700 2848
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 129 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register