SJ9876 : Jenkin Chapel

taken 10 years ago, 3 km from Kettleshulme, Cheshire, Great Britain

Jenkin Chapel
Jenkin Chapel
Jenkin Chapel was built by voluntary contributions in 1733, the tower was built a little later in 1754-55. The name Jenkin comes from a local farming family. The church was originally dedicated to St. John the Baptist, but was only consecrated in 1894 when it was re-dedicated to St. John the Evangelist.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Philip Halling and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ9876, 21 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 16 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 20 February, 2008
Category
Chapel   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 984 765 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:17.1496N 2:1.5006W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 984 765
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for SJ9876)
This page has been viewed about 85 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register