SM9529 : Letterston station, North Pembrokeshire

taken 16 years ago, near to Letterston, Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro, Great Britain

Letterston station, North Pembrokeshire
Letterston station, North Pembrokeshire
Letterston was the most westerly station on a branch that served North Pembrokeshire by forming a loop off the GWR main line to Fishguard Harbour. The last passenger train ran in 1937 and most of the line closed to goods traffic in 1949. The old loading bay survives alongside the wooden station building still in use as a residence.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ralph Rawlinson and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SM9529, 17 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 31 March, 2002   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 25 October, 2005
Category
Railway station (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SM 954 297 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:55.6868N 4:58.6313W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SM9529) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 860 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register