ST7318 : The Parish Church of St Mary, Stalbridge

taken 9 years ago, near to Stalbridge, Dorset, Great Britain

The Parish Church of St Mary, Stalbridge
The Parish Church of St Mary, Stalbridge
The Parish Church of St Mary in Stalbridge has been, since about 1390 at least, the historic and current focal point for all the people of Stalbridge. For centuries, its tower has stood high on the hill overlooking the Blackmore Vale as a landmark and beacon for travellers. Over the years the Church has been vastly altered by restoration and in consequence has lost much of its original ancient character. The main alterations were completed in 1868 with further alteration sin 1878. The tower has a ring of six bells.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Maigheach-gheal and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST7318, 98 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 24 February, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 25 February, 2008
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 733 181 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:57.7452N 2:22.8681W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 733 181
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 56 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register