SJ6452 : Former Cheshire Cat, 2630 Welsh Row

taken 10 years ago, near to Nantwich, Cheshire, Great Britain

Former Cheshire Cat, 2630 Welsh Row
Former Cheshire Cat, 2630 Welsh Row
Welsh Row, now 'Curshaws at the Cat', previously the Cheshire Cat public house, was originally widows' almshouses donated by Roger Wilbraham in 1676. The building next door (left) is among the newest in Nantwich, a poor imitation of the Georgian townhouses on Welsh Row, such as no. 50, just visible at the far left. The steps (right) are a mounting block, cut from a single block of sandstone. For more details, see LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Espresso Addict and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ6452, 210 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 24 August, 2007   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 1 March, 2008
Category
Almshouses   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 647 524 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:4.0710N 2:31.6152W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 647 524
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 147 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register