SJ2970 : Corus Steel works

taken 9 years ago, near to Wepre, Flintshire/Sir y Fflint, Great Britain

Corus Steel works
Corus Steel works
Built on what was once marshland on the eastern side of the river Dee, this was originally John Summers Steelworks. It was first built in 1895 and the Summers brothers also provided land for the houses to house their workers. By 1967, 12000 workers were employed here and the company was nationalised to form part of British Steel. However the steelmaking operations were closed in 1980 with the loss of 6500 jobs. British Steel merged with a Dutch steel producer in 1999 and the Shotton Works became the headquarters of a new business unit, Corus Colours.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Eirian Evans and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ2970, 33 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 1 March, 2008
Category
Factory > Factory   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 296 704 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:13.5575N 3:3.3585W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 297 698
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Supplemental image
This page has been viewed about 212 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register