SE9645 : St Mary's C of E, South Dalton

taken 9 years ago, near to South Dalton, East Riding of Yorkshire, Great Britain

St Mary's C of E, South Dalton
St Mary's C of E, South Dalton
The church is in the High Gothic style of the 13th century, and faces the drive to Dalton Hall, built by the 3rd Lord Hotham. He laid the first stone on April 8th 1858, and the church was finally consecrated on August 6th 1861 by the Archbishop of York.

Note: 17th century Hothams were involved in the governance of Hull, see TA0928 : The Beverley Gate.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Peter Church and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE9645, 45 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 1 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 1 March, 2008
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 96711 45560 [1m precision]
WGS84: 53:53.8320N 0:31.7829W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 96649 45525
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 44 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register