NZ9010 : Whitby upper harbour, east side

near to Whitby, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

Whitby upper harbour, east side
Whitby upper harbour, east side
The long, grey-roofed building top left was formerly the Whitby workhouse. It was built in 1793-4 to replace the original workhouse, which was on Church Street, and later extended. After the inauguration of the NHS in 1948 it became the St.Hilda's hospital and provided geriatric care. The hospital closed in 1978 and the buildings are now occupied by small business units.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Lynne Kirton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NZ9010, 247 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for NZ9010)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 24 July, 2005   (more nearby)
Friday, 28 October, 2005
Harbour   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 901 106 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:28.9655N 0:36.6501W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NZ 900 107
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 339 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
donations accepted