SS1495 : Caldey Island Lighthouse, Pembrokeshire

taken 46 years ago, 4 km from Penally, Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro, Great Britain

Caldey Island Lighthouse, Pembrokeshire
Caldey Island Lighthouse, Pembrokeshire
Not far from the old Priory, stands the lighthouse which was erected by Trinity House in 1829 at a cost of 3,380 11s 7d. On either side of the tower and connected to it are two dwellings which were occupied by the keepers and their families prior to the conversion of the station to automatic unmanned operation in 1927.

Caldey lighthouse was the last Trinity House lighthouse to be powered by acetylene gas until its modernisation which was completed in November 1997 when it was converted to mains electricity.

LinkExternal link
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Christine Matthews and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SS1495, 50 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
July 1971   (more nearby)
Submitted
Wednesday, 5 March, 2008
Category
Lighthouse   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SS 143 959 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:37.9144N 4:41.0585W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SS 143 959
View Direction
Northwest (about 315 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for SS1495) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 99 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register