TQ5277 : Slade Green: Parish Church of St Augustine of Canterbury

taken 10 years ago, near to Slade Green, Bexley, Great Britain

Slade Green: Parish Church of St Augustine of Canterbury
Slade Green: Parish Church of St Augustine of Canterbury
From a couple of internet sources, I assume that this very large church was completed in 1911, the foundation stone having been laid in 1899. It would have been built to serve the rapid expansion of this area south-east of Erith at the time. The War Memorial is on the right. The Church is on Slade Green Road which was originally the main road into Slade Green from Erith, crossing the railway line between Erith and Slade Green by way of a level crossing. The crossing, which would have been off to the left in this photograph, has been lifted, and the road is now a dead end leading only to the church and a couple of industrial estates.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ5277, 44 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 2 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 8 March, 2008
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 521 770 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:28.2916N 0:11.3124E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 521 770
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for TQ5277)
This page has been viewed about 151 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register