SK4138 : Locko Park and Hall

taken 9 years ago, near to Stanley, Derbyshire, Great Britain

Locko Park and Hall
Locko Park and Hall
The hall was built in 1720 by Francis Smith of Warwick. The landscaping of the park was by William Emes and John Webb in the late 1700s. The estate was acquired by John Lowe in 1747, whose descendants still live in the hall today. The hall and park are used for weddings and corporate events, and a number of fairs and other public events are held each year.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Jerry Evans and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SK4138, 19 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 9 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 11 March, 2008
Category
Park > Parkland   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 4103 3866 [10m precision]
WGS84: 52:56.6260N 1:23.4524W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SK 4133 3868
View Direction
WEST (about 270 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 311 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register