TA1714 : Pilgrim Fathers Memorial, Immingham

taken 9 years ago, near to Immingham, North East Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Pilgrim Fathers Memorial, Immingham
Pilgrim Fathers Memorial, Immingham
Memorial to the Pilgrim Fathers off Church Lane, south of St Andrews Church. An inscription on the base reads:
"From this creek the Pilgrim Fathers first left England in 1608 in search of religious liberty. The granite top stone was taken from Plymouth Rock Mass and presented by the Sulgrave Institution of USA. This memorial was erected by the Anglo-American Society of Hull 1924".

During the expansion of Immingham docks in May 1970 the memorial was removed from its original site on Immingham Creek and placed here on the green.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA1714, 31 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Thursday, 13 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 15 March, 2008
Category
Monument > Monument   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 175 149 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:37.0746N 0:13.4625W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 175 149
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Third Visitor for TA1714)
This page has been viewed about 784 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register