NS5565 : New Govan Church and Aitken Memorial Fountain

taken 9 years ago, near to Govan, Glasgow, Great Britain

New Govan Church and Aitken Memorial Fountain
New Govan Church and Aitken Memorial Fountain
Built in 1873 it was originally named St. Mary's Free Church. The domed cast iron fountain was erected in 1884 as a tribute to Dr John Aitken a former medical officer of the parish.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Lynn M Reid and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NS5565, 270 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 22 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 23 March, 2008
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 555 657 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:51.7659N 4:18.5989W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NS 555 657
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 90 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register