SP4414 : St Martin's Church, Bladon, Oxfordshire

taken 36 years ago, near to Bladon, Oxfordshire, Great Britain

St Martin's Church, Bladon, Oxfordshire
St Martin's Church, Bladon, Oxfordshire
Bladon lies on the south side of Blenheim Park with many quaint cottages. St Martin's Church is a Victorian reconstruction of 1894 on the site of an earlier church rebuilt in 1801. In January 1965 Sir Winston Churchill was buried in the churchyard at the head of the grave of Lady Randolph Churchill his mother. His father, Lord Randolph Churchill is buried alongside. Clementine, Sir Winston's Churchill's wife is also buried in the grave.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Christine Matthews and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SP4414, 140 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
August 1981   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 1 November, 2005
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SP 44 14 [1000m precision]
WGS84: 51:49.6412N 1:21.3414W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SP4414) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 1007 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register