NU2406 : St Lawrence's Church, Warkworth

taken 9 years ago, near to Birling, Northumberland, Great Britain

St Lawrence's Church, Warkworth
St Lawrence's Church, Warkworth
Described on a local internet page as;

An outstanding Norman church built on Saxon foundations. The original church was probably a foundation of Saints Aidan and Oswald, and may have housed relics of St. Lawrence, sent by Pope Vitalian to Oswald's successor, King Oswin. The church was seized by forces loyal to the Old Pretender in 1715 and prayers were offered for him as King James III by the Rebel's chaplain, following which the pretender was proclaimed King at the Market Cross.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright hayley green and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NU2406, 199 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 23 March, 2008
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 246 062 [100m precision]
WGS84: 55:20.9634N 1:36.7319W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NU 247 061
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 33 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register