SD4675 : St John's Church, Silverdale

taken 9 years ago, near to Silverdale, Lancashire, Great Britain

St John's Church, Silverdale
St John's Church, Silverdale
From Pevsner, this church was designed by Ball and Elce and built in 1885-6. He notes that there is also an older church of 1829 opposite the cemetery. Silverdale was a chapelry of Warton parish, and became an ecclesiastical parish in 1754, refounded in 1870. There must therefore have been an old chapel somewhere, perhaps on the site of the 1829 church.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SD4675, 81 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 23 March, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 24 March, 2008
Category
Place of Worship   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 463 754 [100m precision]
WGS84: 54:10.2941N 2:49.4457W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SD 462 754
View Direction
East-southeast (about 112 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 25 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register