ST4619 : The Market House and Market Cross, Martock

taken 45 years ago, near to Martock, Somerset, Great Britain

The Market House and Market Cross, Martock
The Market House and Market Cross, Martock
The Market House was built sometime between about 1753 - 1759, and was restored in the 1960s. The Market Cross which stands alongside, is also known as The Pinnacle. It has a medieval base, and the sundial on top of the column has a date of 1741. This photo predates the complete rebuild that The Pinnacle underwent in 1982. Both the Market House and Cross are Grade II Listed.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Ronald Searle and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST4619, 79 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
Contributed by
Mike Searle   (find more nearby)
Date Taken
1973   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 25 March, 2008
Category
Market hall   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 463 193 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:58.2360N 2:45.9697W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Fourth Visitor for ST4619) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 96 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register