SJ2688 : Upton Hall Convent School

taken 12 years ago, near to Upton, Wirral, Great Britain

Upton Hall Convent School
Upton Hall Convent School
On October 10th 1849, twelve sisters and 24 pupils moved from Great George's Square in Liverpool to the new boarding school founded by the Sisters Faithful Companions of Jesus at Lingdale House in Oxton. Unable to purchase this property, the School moved from Lingdale House to Upton Hall on June 19th 1863, it was then a small mansion on the hill in Upton Village, it has now expanded to suit the needs of the 21st century.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ2688, 12 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 13 November, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Monday, 14 November, 2005
Category
School   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 269 882 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:23.1338N 3:6.0311W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SJ2688) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 510 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register