SJ3490 : Rear of St Georges Hall and St Johns Gardens

taken 12 years ago, 3 km from Seacombe, Wirral, Great Britain

Rear of St Georges Hall and St Johns Gardens
Rear of St Georges Hall and St Johns Gardens
From 1767 the gardens were a burial ground with a small mortuary chapel and St John's Church was completed in 1784. The churchyard was full and closed for burials in 1865, St John's closed in 1897 and was subsequently demolished. Sculptor George Frampton suggested the churchyard be used for display of public sculpture, an idea that was realised by the Corporation Surveyor, Thomas Shelmerdine.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3490, 1063 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 13 November, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005
Category
Building of civic importance   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 348 906 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:24.4901N 2:58.9355W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 91 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register