TL3925 : Braughing Parish Church

taken 12 years ago, near to Braughing, Hertfordshire, Great Britain

Braughing Parish Church
Braughing Parish Church
Braughing, with Hitchin and Welwyn, was one of the original Minster churches of East Hertfordshire. Teams of priests lived communally in these centres, going out to preach the Gospel in the surrounding villages. The parish system, with a church in each village, developed later. It is not known if the Minster stood on the same site as the present church. According to a Charter dated about 825, Braughing church was at that time dedicated to St Andrew. A new church in Braughing was consecrated in 1220, and parts of our present building date from that time, with other sections from the fifteenth century.

See other images of Braughing Parish Church
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Christine Matthews and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TL3925, 99 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 7 August, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 396 252 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:54.5026N 0:1.7225E
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TL 396 252
View Direction
North-northeast (about 22 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (Second Visitor for TL3925)
This page has been viewed about 106 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register