SJ3593 : Stanley Park Lake

taken 12 years ago, 4 km from Bootle, Sefton, Great Britain

Stanley Park Lake
Stanley Park Lake
The once beautiful Stanley Park is arguably the most architecturally significant of the city's great Victorian parks. Landscaped by Edward Kemp, who had assisted Paxton at Chatsworth and Birkenhead, the park features a grand terrace punctuated by imposing shelters with expansive bedding schemes once highlighted by fountains. The 45 hectare park opened in 1870 and contains the Gladstone Conservatory (Grade II) by Mackenzie & Moncur (1899), who had also constructed the Palm House in Sefton Park, unfortunately the conservatory is now derelict and the park somewhat rundown.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Sue Adair and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SJ3593, 81 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Tuesday, 15 November, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 20 November, 2005
Category
Lake   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SJ 359 937 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:26.1698N 2:57.9808W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SJ3593) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 376 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register