TF0230 : Saint Peter's Church, Lenton

near to Lenton, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Saint Peter's Church, Lenton
Saint Peter's Church, Lenton
This Anglican parish church is dedicated to St. Peter. It was built in the fourteenth century, with the chancel and sanctuary added around 1540. The church was restored in 1879 and the tower was restored in 1897. The North Door was blocked up in 1879. This door was originally known as the "Devil's Door" because it was opened during baptisms so that evil spirits could leave the church after a child had been Christened.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Bob Danylec and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF0230, 30 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for TF0230)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 4 December, 2005   (more nearby)
Sunday, 4 December, 2005
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 025 302 [100m precision]
WGS84: 52:51.5724N 0:28.7425W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 86 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved