TA2503 : Waltham Windmill

near to Waltham, North East Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Waltham Windmill
Waltham Windmill
Six sailed, six storied tower windmill off the east side of Brigsley Road, Waltham, built in 1878-80 by John Saunderson of Louth. Used as a home guard lookout post in World War 2 and wind powered until 1962 when it was briefly converted to electricity for animal feed production. Restored and maintained by the Waltham Windmill Preservation Society since December 1966 LinkExternal link and now occasionally used to produce flour.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Paul Glazzard and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2008
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TA2503, 55 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (Fourth Visitor for TA2503)
Date Taken
Friday, 4 July, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 6 July, 2008
Category
Windmill > Windmill   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 259 032 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:30.6728N 0:6.1294W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TA 259 032
View Direction
Southeast (about 135 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 140 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register