SE1422 : Central Methodist Church, Brighouse

near to Brighouse, Calderdale, Great Britain

Central Methodist Church, Brighouse
Central Methodist Church, Brighouse
This was built in 1904-7 to replace the New Connection Chapel in Bethel Street, which was sold for commercial use and still exists. The architectural style is an Arts and Crafts version of Perpendicular. The glass-fronted passageway on the right links the chapel to the Sunday School. The road to the left of the chapel is the lower end of Halifax Road, now cut off by the bypass road and part of a car park.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE1422, 745 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Saturday, 17 December, 2005   (more nearby)
Saturday, 17 December, 2005
Chapel   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 143 229 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:42.1404N 1:47.0922W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 143 228
View Direction
North-northwest (about 337 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 141 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved