SE1422 : Bridge End, Rastrick

near to Brighouse, Calderdale, Great Britain

Bridge End, Rastrick
Bridge End, Rastrick
This was the main road from medieval times to sometime in the second half of the 20C, when the A643 designation was transferred to Bramston Street. First on the left is the Congregational Chapel, built in 1855, in Classical style with a pediment gable and cornice all round supported by stone brackets. It has been Rastrick Squash Centre and has now been converted to flats. Next the Sugden Memorial Hall, which was built in 1904 by the Bridge End trustees in memory of Alderman Henry Sugden. This was a much-used public hall, but declined after the Second World War, during which it was damaged during its use by the army, and eventually became commercial premises initially for a rainwear firm, and now the Quality Koi Co. At the bottom of the hill the railway bridge can just be seen, decorated with yellow and black stripes to reduce the risk of collisions.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Humphrey Bolton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE1422, 760 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Date Taken
Saturday, 17 December, 2005   (more nearby)
Saturday, 17 December, 2005
Street scene   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 144 223 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:41.8167N 1:47.0030W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 109 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved