ST4869 : Backwell: Teague’s Colliery

taken 15 years ago, near to East End, North Somerset, Great Britain

Backwell: Teague’s Colliery
Backwell: Teague’s Colliery
The waste tip of an early 19th century coal mine on Backwell Common, now covered in trees. James Teague (1750-1818), its developer, was an ironmaster and owner of coal pits in the Forest of Dean. For further information see Ralph Anstis, The Industrial Teagues and the Forest of Dean, Allan Sutton, 1990. Seen from one of the numerous public footpaths in the parish
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Martin Bodman and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
ST4869, 19 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 July, 2003   (more nearby)
Submitted
Tuesday, 20 December, 2005
Category
Mine (disused)   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 485 699 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:25.5453N 2:44.5265W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! ST 484 697
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for ST4869) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 668 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register