SU8781 : Maidenhead Union, St. Marks Maidenhead

taken 12 years ago, near to Maidenhead, Windsor And Maidenhead, Great Britain

Maidenhead Union, St. Marks Maidenhead
Maidenhead Union, St. Marks Maidenhead
Originally the Cookham Workhouse, it was extended and renamed the Maidenhead Union in 1896. The words "Maidenhead Union" are carved in stone over the Board Room building erected at that time. A few years ago this was once more revealed; apparently the words had been covered over during the War in case this gave a clue to the town's name for invading Germans. The building now forms part of St Mark's Hospital, Maidenhead.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Daglish and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU8781, 11 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 21 August, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 24 December, 2005
Category
Workhouse   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 872 813 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:31.4336N 0:44.6698W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for SU8781) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 744 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register