SU9770 : View over Savill Garden

near to Englefield Green, Surrey, Great Britain

View over Savill Garden
View over Savill Garden
The Savill Garden covers approximately 35 acres and dates from 1932 when it was started by Eric Savill, Deputy Ranger of Windsor Great Park, with the support of King George V and Queen Mary. Originally known as The Bog Garden, George VI asked that it be renamed in honour of Eric Savill in 1951. Eric Savill was knighted in 1955. The area is ideally suited to the cultivation of rhododendrons and azaleas and so is at its best in April and May, but development over the years ensures interest all year round and the garden is now considered one of the finest woodland gardens anywhere in the world, containing a great number of rare specimens.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Stephen Daglish and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SU9770, 97 images   (more nearby )
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph (First for SU9770)
First in 5 Years (TPoint) ?
Date Taken
Sunday, 6 March, 2005   (more nearby)
Saturday, 24 December, 2005
Gardens > Gardens   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SU 978 709 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:25.7206N 0:35.6779W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map

This page has been viewed about 273 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
W Go E
You are not logged in login | register
Get Involved