TF0566 : Potterhanworth Water Tower

near to Potterhanworth, Lincolnshire, Great Britain

Potterhanworth Water Tower
Potterhanworth Water Tower
Potterhanworth Water Tower was built in 1903 with a tank capacity of 37,000 gallons filled from a 150ft deep artesian bore hole in a nearby field. It was financed by an Endowment from Christ's Hospital as the 16th century philanthropist Dr.Richard Smith, founder of Christ's Hospital in Lincoln had land in Potterhanworth .... his coat of arms can be seen in the brickwork. The two rooms below the tank were used for Parish Council meetings, the Men's Institute and, during the war for the Home Guard platoon. The tower was declared redundant in 1978 and tastefully converted to a private house in 1995.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
year taken
2005
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TF0566, 34 images   (more nearby)
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Image classification?
Geograph
Date Taken
Saturday, 24 December, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 25 December, 2005
Category
Water tower   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 055 661 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:10.9193N 0:25.3209W
Photographer Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TF 054 661
View Direction
East-northeast (about 67 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+

This page has been viewed about 427 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register