NG7426 : Stevenson Lighthouse on Eilean Ban

taken 9 years ago, near to Kyleakin/Caol Acain, Highland, Great Britain

Stevenson Lighthouse on Eilean Ban
Stevenson Lighthouse on Eilean Ban
This 70-foot lighthouse was built by David and Thomas Stevenson in 1857. Thomas was the father of Robert Louis Stevenson.

It was decommissioned in 1993 but remains a "day mark", a landmark used for marine navigation into the narrows of Loch Alsh during daylight hours.

The Skye Bridge can be seen to the right whose supports rest on the island of Eilean Ban.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Trevor Wright and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
NG7426, 111 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Friday, 12 September, 2008   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 20 September, 2008
Category
Lighthouse   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NG 745 269 [100m precision]
WGS84: 57:16.6581N 5:44.5458W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NG 744 268
View Direction
Northeast (about 45 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 560 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register