TQ0294 : Heronsgate: St. John's Church

taken 12 years ago, near to Heronsgate, Hertfordshire, Great Britain

Heronsgate: St. John's Church
Heronsgate: St. John's Church
Heronsgate was the first estate developed by the Chartists in 1845 and was initially named O'Connorville after their leader, Feargus O'Connor. 35 cottages and a school were built. Town-dwellers from the north of England were re-settled initially at subsidised rents and the street names, Stockport Road, Nottingham Road, Halifax Road and Bradford Road reflect their origins. The ban on alcohol which was imposed at that time gave rise to the nearby public house being named "The Land of Liberty, Peace and Plenty". An image of this pub is here TQ0295 : Pub with a strange name "Land of Liberty, Peace and Plenty" Chorleywood.This image is of the small church dedicated to St. John at the junction of Stockport Road and Halifax Road North.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Nigel Cox and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ0294, 27 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 31 December, 2005   (more nearby)
Submitted
Saturday, 31 December, 2005
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 023 946 [100m precision]
WGS84: 51:38.4545N 0:31.3828W
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph (First for TQ0294) · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 405 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register