TQ2905 : St Mary and St Abraham Coptic Orthodox Church

taken 12 years ago, near to Brighton and Hove, Great Britain

St Mary and St Abraham Coptic Orthodox Church
St Mary and St Abraham Coptic Orthodox Church
Consecrated in 1900 as St Thomas the Apostle the church was one of many in the area that closed in the 70s and 80s as congregations dwindled. However, unlike others that were closed it was not demolished but taken over by the Coptic Church one of only a handful in this country. Consequently, it was reconsecrated in 1994 by Coptic Pope Shenouda III and is now a well used focal point for the Coptic community in the south. The church stands on the south side of Davigdor Road (the B2120) next to a small footpath between the hedge and the church that leads to St Anne's Wells garden. This view looks west.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Simon Carey and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
TQ2905, 301 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Sunday, 1 January, 2006   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 1 January, 2006
Category
Church   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 299 051 [100m precision]
WGS84: 50:49.8521N 0:9.4096W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! TQ 299 051
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 285 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · OS Map Checksheet · Geograph Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register