Alternative suggestions:

Display: Keywords Details Thumbnails Map Slideshow

Search Results

Your search for images, containing 'sandstone' , returns 17,941 images:
( Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... ) [refine search] [quick refine]

SP8678 : Carey House, Lower Street, Kettering by David Dixon Carey House, Lower Street, Kettering by David Dixon
geograph for square SP8678
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Historic sites and artefacts] [top:People, Events] [18th century] [Baptist Missionary Society] [eighteenth century] [type:Geograph] [house] [mission house] [camera:panasonic DMC-G7] [Thomas Cooper Gotch] [William Carey]
Eighteenth century house built of Northamptonshire sandstone refaced with stucco. A plaque on the wall outside (SP8678 : Mission House Plaque) records that the Baptist Missionary Society... (more)
NX0053 : Former Quarry by Anne Burgess Former Quarry by Anne Burgess
geograph for square NX0053
Tags: [top:Coastal] [top:Geological interest] [top:Quarrying, Mining] [top:Sport, Leisure] [type:Geograph]
The former quarry has been landscaped and provides parking and a drive-to picnic table. It also has good fresh exposures of deformed sandstones of the Portpatrick... (more)
NX3639 : Greywacke by Anne Burgess Greywacke by Anne Burgess
geograph for square NX3639
Tags: [top:Coastal] [top:Geological interest] [type:Geograph]
Greywacke is a type of sandstone that is formed by debris flows down the continental slope. More formally, they are referred to by geologists as turbidites. They are... (more)
NW9872 : Dunskirloch by Anne Burgess Dunskirloch by Anne Burgess
geograph for square NW9872
Tags: [top:Coastal] [top:Geological interest] [type:Geograph]
In the background is the Corsewall Point lighthouse. It stands on coarse conglomerate and sandston of the Corsewall Point Formation, seen here in the foreground.
NJ7249 : Shop, High Street, Turriff by Bill Harrison Shop, High Street, Turriff by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7249
Tags: [top:Business, Retail, Services] [top:City, Town centre] [top:Housing, Dwellings] [flats over shops] [type:Geograph] [newsagent] [red sandstone]
The modest building from the early 19th Century is C-listed (LB42170): LinkExternal link .
NJ7249 : When banks looked like banks... by Bill Harrison When banks looked like banks... by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7249
Tags: [top:Business, Retail, Services] [top:City, Town centre] [building society office] [estate agent] [former bank building] [type:Geograph] [red sandstone] [Renaissance Revival style]
Former Town and County Bank, High Street, Turriff. According to the Buildings of Scotland (Pevsner) Guide, it is in "modest Cinquecento palazzo" style. Note... (more)
NJ7250 : St Congan's episcopal church, Turriff by Bill Harrison St Congan's episcopal church, Turriff by Bill Harrison
for square NJ7250
Tags: [top:Religious sites] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [type:Cross Grid] [Early English Style] [red sandstone] [church:Scottish Episcopal] [spirelet]
Built 1862 in the popular (at the time) pseudo Early English style. The "space rocket" spirelet resembles that at Old Meldrum:... (more)
NJ7250 : Gladstone Terrace3, Turriff by Bill Harrison Gladstone Terrace3, Turriff by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7250
Tags: [top:Housing, Dwellings] [top:Roads, Road transport] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [type:Geograph] [no pavements] [red sandstone] [terraced houses]
This is main route out of Turriff to the west and very busy with traffic (note the lack of pavement to the left).
NJ7250 : Turriff trio by Bill Harrison Turriff trio by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7250
Tags: [top:Housing, Dwellings] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [type:Geograph] [Masonic Lodge (former)] [red sandstone] [housing:semi detached] [housing:Villa]
A fine sandstone villa, a pair of semi-detached ex-council houses(?) and the former masonic lodge on Gladstone Terrace, Turriff.
NS5865 : McConnel's Building, Hope Street by Thomas Nugent McConnel's Building, Hope Street by Thomas Nugent
geograph for square NS5865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Historic sites and artefacts] [subject:apartment block] [type:Geograph]
A grand red sandstone tenement with shops below by architect John Keppie in 1906/07 for the City Improvement Trust. Keppie was a partner of Charles Rennie Mackintosh and... (more)
SD7992 : Dandrymire Viaduct (Moorcock Viaduct), Garsdale by G Laird Dandrymire Viaduct (Moorcock Viaduct), Garsdale by G Laird
geograph for square SD7992
Tags: [top:Moorland] [top:Railways] [type:Geograph] [subject:viaduct]
Built in 1869-75, Dandrymire Viaduct is a 12 arch sandstone viaduct just a few hundred yards from Garsdale Station on the famous Carlisle to Settle railway line. It is a... (more)
SO2054 : The Black Mountains by Richard Webb The Black Mountains by Richard Webb
geograph for square SO2054
Tags: [top:Air, Sky, Weather] [type:Geograph] [temperature inversion]
The big sandstone upland seen from Colva Hill over a cloud inversion.
TQ5742 : Bluebells, Southborough Common by N Chadwick Bluebells, Southborough Common by N Chadwick
for square TQ5742
Tags: [top:Wild Animals, Plants and Mushrooms] [type:Close Look]
TQ5742 : Information board, Southborough Common by N Chadwick Information board, Southborough Common by N Chadwick
for square TQ5742
Tags: [top:Woodland, Forest] [type:Close Look]
TA0967 : All Saints Church, Rudston by Gordon Hatton All Saints Church, Rudston by Gordon Hatton
geograph for square TA0967
Tags: [top:Historic sites and artefacts] [top:Lowlands] [top:Religious sites] [top:Village, Rural settlement] [type:Geograph]
The chief interest here is of course the famous monolith, a prehistoric edifice some 7.7m high and 1.8m wide, the tallest standing stone in the country. The stone is of a... (more)
NJ7250 : Red sandstone villas, Gladstone Terrace, Turriff by Bill Harrison Red sandstone villas, Gladstone Terrace, Turriff by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7250
Tags: [top:Housing, Dwellings] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [type:Geograph] [red sandstone] [Victorian villas]
NJ7250 : St Ninian and Forglen kirk, Turriff by Bill Harrison St Ninian and Forglen kirk, Turriff by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7250
Tags: [top:Religious sites] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [building element:bellcote] [church:Church of Scotland] [type:Geograph] [red sandstone]
Built 1795 to replace St Congan's kirk about 300 metres south and modified and extended over the years. The fine bellcote from 1875 pays tribute to its predecessor... (more)
NJ7250 : Former(?) masonic lodge, Gladstone Terrace, Turriff by Bill Harrison Former(?) masonic lodge, Gladstone Terrace, Turriff by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7250
Tags: [top:Historic sites and artefacts] [top:Public buildings and spaces] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [datestone:1924] [Citizen s Advice Bureau] [type:Geograph] [building material:granite] [Masonic Lodge (former)]
1924 on the date-stone: unusually built in Aberdeen granite rather than Turriff sandstone. At least part of the building is now occupied by the Citizen's Advice Bureau.
NJ7250 : Church hall, Gladstone Terrace, Turriff by Bill Harrison Church hall, Gladstone Terrace, Turriff by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7250
Tags: [top:Public buildings and spaces] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [building type:church hall] [building element:fleche] [type:Geograph] [red sandstone]
NJ7249 : Skein monument, St Congan's kirk, Turriff by Bill Harrison Skein monument, St Congan's kirk, Turriff by Bill Harrison
for square NJ7249
Tags: [top:People, Events] [top:Religious sites] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [type:Close Look] [heraldry] [subject:monument] [red sandstone]
Monument to Andrew Skein, minister of the kirk from 1661-1678. The sandstone edifice is severely eroded, but 150 years' ago or so, the inscription was recorded and... (more)
SP2864 : Nos 25, 27 and 29 Jury Street, Warwick by Robin Stott Nos 25, 27 and 29 Jury Street, Warwick by Robin Stott
geograph for square SP2864
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Lowlands] [18th century house] [postcode district:CV34] [type:Geograph] [building material:stone] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
On the northwest downslope side of the street before the afternoon sun goes round. Stone fronts indicate houses rebuilt after the Great Fire of 1694.
SP2865 : No.14 The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott No.14 The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott
for square SP2865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Housing, Dwellings] [top:Lowlands] [18th century house] [type:Close Look] [postcode district:CV34] [building material:stone] [housing:terrace] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
SP2865 : No.8 The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott No.8 The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott
for square SP2865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Housing, Dwellings] [top:Lowlands] [18th century house] [type:Close Look] [postcode district:CV34] [building material:stone] [housing:terrace] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
This row of stone-fronted buildings were built after the Great Fire, 1694. The house to the left is No.10.
SP2865 : Former base for the County Field Archaeology Unit, The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott Former base for the County Field Archaeology Unit, The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott
geograph for square SP2865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Construction, Development] [top:Lowlands] [postcode district:CV34] [former council offices] [type:Geograph] [residential development] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
SP2865 : Conversion of County Council offices to residential, top of The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott Conversion of County Council offices to residential, top of The Butts, Warwick by Robin Stott
geograph for square SP2865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Construction, Development] [top:Lowlands] [postcode district:CV34] [former council offices] [type:Geograph] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
SP2865 : Three buildings near North Gate, Warwick by Robin Stott Three buildings near North Gate, Warwick by Robin Stott
geograph for square SP2865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Lowlands] [top:Public buildings and spaces] [church] [contrast] [county offices] [postcode district:CV34] [Former prison] [type:Geograph] [mixed use] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
In the centre is the Methodist Church, Barrack Street. To its left is the former County Gaol, former barracks, and now County Council offices fronting Northgate Street.... (more)
SP2865 : Former County Gaol and the corner of Northgate Street and Barrack Street, Warwick by Robin Stott Former County Gaol and the corner of Northgate Street and Barrack Street, Warwick by Robin Stott
geograph for square SP2865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Lowlands] [top:Public buildings and spaces] [county offices] [postcode district:CV34] [Former prison] [type:Geograph] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
Commissioned by the Justices of the Peace, the gaol was built by Thomas Johnson, 1777-83. "This may have been the first example of the use of the Greek Doric Order... (more)
NH9487 : Rocks below Tarbat Ness Lighthouse by Richard Sutcliffe Rocks below Tarbat Ness Lighthouse by Richard Sutcliffe
geograph for square NH9487
Tags: [top:Coastal] [top:Geological interest] [top:Historic sites and artefacts] [top:Rocks, Scree, Cliffs] [type:Geograph] [lighthouse] [subject:rock]
Upper Old Red Sandstone (Devonian) conglomerates, sandstones, siltstones and mudstones comprise the rocks at Tarbat Ness. The lighthouse was built by Robert Stevenson in... (more)
SP2865 : South end of Cape Road at its junction with North Gate, Warwick by Robin Stott South end of Cape Road at its junction with North Gate, Warwick by Robin Stott
geograph for square SP2865
Tags: [top:City, Town centre] [top:Construction, Development] [top:Lowlands] [postcode district:CV34] [garden wall] [type:Geograph] [mixed use] [subject:town] [place:Warwick]
On the left, the police station, still closed SP2865 : Warwick Police Station: still for sale, July 2012; on the right, Northgate House SP2865 : Northgate House, Warwick. Ahead, the former court offices are swathed in plastic during,... (more)
NJ7249 : St Congan's auld kirk, Turriff by Bill Harrison St Congan's auld kirk, Turriff by Bill Harrison
geograph for square NJ7249
Tags: [top:Historic sites and artefacts] [top:Religious sites] [top:Suburb, Urban fringe] [building element:bellcote] [church (ruined)] [decorative feature:clock] [type:Geograph] [red sandstone]
Originating in perhaps the 12th or 13th Century, the building was last used for worship in 1795 and consists of east gable-end and north and south walls. The double... (more)

Search took 0.01 secs, ( Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... ) [refine search]

View/Download: as KML geo RSS GPX Try opening in Browser function (Experimental, may not work!)
Quick refine this search: (images, containing 'sandstone' )
: (TipsNew Window) - all other fields unchanged

Found these results useful? donate now

   |    Background Color: [ White / Black / Grey ]
You are not logged in login | register