Central Viaduct, Leeds :: Shared Description
Built in 1844 & closed in 1967 when all trains were diverted into the 'new' City station. The viaduct is totally severed at both ends. The surviving structure has 15 arches with 2 graceful over bridges that cross the river Aire and Leeds-Liverpool canal. The viaducts remaining length is 332 yds long.
Spring 2016 all of the vegetation has been cut down, could it be more flats are on the way?
Selection is automatic and approximate, it might not always select closely matching descriptions
- Leeds General Infirmary
- Yorkshire Post Building, Wellington Street, Leeds
- Central Station / Royal Mail
- Ebor Court, Westgate, Leeds
- The Hol Beck, Water Lane, Leeds
- Holbeck Viaduct, Leeds
- Leeds Station
- Yorkshire Chemicals, Kirkstall Road, Leeds
- King Street, Leeds
- Leeds Station, Leeds City Station, Leeds
- Yorkshire Penny Bank, Infirmary Street, Leeds
- Aspire (former Yorkshire Bank), Leeds
- Tradpak Chemical Recycling Company, Armley
- The Queens Hotel, City Square, Leeds
- Leeds Skyride 2016
- Leeds University
- Yorkshire Banking Company, Boar Lane, Leeds
- Shopping Centres Leeds
- BHS, Trinity, Albion Arcade, Leeds
- The Yorkshire Archaeological Society, Clarendon Road, Leeds
- Gold Post Boxes celebrating Nicola Adams' Olympic Gold Medal
- Arch Doorway, Water Lane, Leeds
- The Leeds Forge, Leeds And Liverpool Canal, Leeds
- The Priory Student Accommodation, Springfield Mount, Leeds
63 images use this description. Preview sample shown below:
... and 38 more images.
These Shared Descriptions
are common to multiple images. For example, you can create a generic description for an object shown in a photo, and reuse the description on all photos of the object. All descriptions are public and shared between contributors, i.e. you can reuse a description created by others, just as they can use yours.
Created: Sun, 3 Apr 2016, Updated: Wed, 4 May 2016
The 'Shared Description' text on this page is Copyright 2016 Mark Stevenson, however it is specifically licensed so that contributors can reuse it on their own images without restriction.