Black guillemots, Bangor :: Shared Description
Black guillemots thrive in and around Bangor harbour and have been nesting here since at least 1911. During the reconstruction of the harbour in the 1970s and 1980s local people campaigned to ensure that nesting holes were maintained in the new pier and marina and that no birds were harmed during the building work. They are usually seen from early March to mid summer, laying 1 or 2 eggs in mid May. The birds are very friendly and usually allow humans to get within a few feet of them on the pier wall.
Selection is automatic and approximate, it might not always select closely matching descriptions
- Pelagic trawler 'Havilah'
- Lifeboat exercise, Bangor harbour
- The Aurora Borealis from Bangor, February 27th 2014
- Miniature railway, Pickie, Bangor
- 'Project 24', Bangor
- Demolition of the former Bangor Grammar School
- Images of Bangor at night
- Ships, Bangor (Co Down) harbour
- Royal Black Institution parade, Bangor
- Diamond Jubilee sail past, Bangor
- A visit to Bangor by HMS 'Pembroke'
- Air/sea rescue exercise, Bangor 2012
- European and council election posters, Bangor (2014)
- King Street, Bangor
- The Long Hole
- The 'Stena Precison' off Bangor
- A trip to the 'Bro Genius' in Bangor Bay
- Development site, Dufferin Avenue, Bangor
- Former Bangor Castle leisure centre, Bangor
- Exercise Diamond
- The 'Benjamas Naree', Belfast Lough
- Stricklands Glen, Bangor
- Queen's Parade development site, Bangor
- Bangor Town Hall
These Shared Descriptions
are common to multiple images. For example, you can create a generic description for an object shown in a photo, and reuse the description on all photos of the object. All descriptions are public and shared between contributors, i.e. you can reuse a description created by others, just as they can use yours.
Created: Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Updated: Tue, 20 Jul 2010
The 'Shared Description' text on this page is Copyright 2010 Rossographer, however it is specifically licensed so that contributors can reuse it on their own images without restriction.