Low Water in Startops Reservoir :: Shared Description
Startops Reservoir became very low in the Autumn of 2011, as did the adjacent Marsworth and Tringford Reservoirs. Startops only receives water from the other two reservoirs when they are full and as a result the level was still slowly falling in January 2012 and only started to rise again at the end of February. The three reservoirs supply water to the Grand Union Canal which runs immediately to the North West of Startops Reservoir.
Selection is automatic and approximate, it might not always select closely matching descriptions
- Ridge & Furrow - Three Views taken from different Angles
- Ridge and Furrow Fields near Tring, Hertfordshire
- Tringford Reservoir, near Tring, Hertfordshire
- The Earth Dam at Tringford Reservoir
- Startopsend (or just Startops) Reservoir, near Tring
- Fishing at Tring Reservoirs
- Wilstone Cemetery
- The Aylesbury Arm of the Grand Union Canal
- New Mill Community Centre, Tring - Former WW1 Army Hut
- Wilstone Great Farm
- New Mill Baptist Church
- Wintery Scenes round College Lake
- The Twist, College Lake, near Tring
- The Visitors' Centre, College Lake, near Tring
- College Lake Nature Reserve, near Tring
- The Cornfield at College Lake, near Tring
20 images use this description:
These Shared Descriptions
are common to multiple images. For example, you can create a generic description for an object shown in a photo, and reuse the description on all photos of the object. All descriptions are public and shared between contributors, i.e. you can reuse a description created by others, just as they can use yours.
Created: Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Updated: Tue, 6 Mar 2012
The 'Shared Description' text on this page is Copyright 2012 Chris Reynolds, however it is specifically licensed so that contributors can reuse it on their own images without restriction.