The Waterfront Hall, Belfast :: Shared Description
The Waterfront Hall, between the Lagan and Oxford Street, was completed in 1997 as a purpose-built venue for concerts, exhibitions and conferences. On 1 February 2012 Belfast City Council announced “A £20 million proposal to extend Belfast Waterfront to provide dedicated conference and exhibition facilities”. No further information available.
Note added 2 March 2014 – there is now the following application for planning permission ” Z/2013/1365/F Land bounded by Waterfront Hall 2 Lanyon Place and the River Lagan Belfast BT1 3WH New conference and exhibition facilities augmenting the existing Waterfront hall and incorporating multi-functional spaces, ancillary dining facilities, offices and storage and associated infrastructure and site works”.
Selection is automatic and approximate, it might not always select closely matching descriptions
- Oxford Street/Ann Street development site, Belfast
- Fomer petrol station site, Bridge End, Belfast
- Trains of the RPSI
- The Belfast Central Railway & The Cross-Harbour Rail Link
- Queen’s Quay railway station, Belfast and Central Services Depot
- The P&O "Express" laid up at Belfast
- Former bank offices, Victoria Street/Queen's Square, Belfast
- Princes Buildings, 102-108 Ann Street, Belfast
- The Victoria Square dome, Belfast
- "The Speaker" sculpture, Custom House Square, Belfast
- "The Boat", Belfast
- Laganside birds, Belfast
- The "Soloist", Belfast
- The barge "Confiance", Belfast
- Mural, Corporation Street, Belfast
- Ulsterbus "Goldline" coaches
- Ships, Queen's Quay and the Abercorn Basin, Belfast
- Transport House, Belfast
- The "InShops", Belfast
- Queen's Quay redevelopment proposals, Belfast
- The Albert Clock, Belfast
- Nos 14-18 Montgomery Street, Belfast
- The "Nambarrie" site, Belfast
- Building the Lagan weir and cross-harbour bridges, Belfast
18 images use this description:
These Shared Descriptions
are common to multiple images. For example, you can create a generic description for an object shown in a photo, and reuse the description on all photos of the object. All descriptions are public and shared between contributors, i.e. you can reuse a description created by others, just as they can use yours.
Created: Mon, 6 Feb 2012, Updated: Sun, 2 Mar 2014
The 'Shared Description' text on this page is Copyright 2012 Albert Bridge, however it is specifically licensed so that contributors can reuse it on their own images without restriction.