University of Ulster (new Belfast campus) :: Shared Description
A collection of photographs showing the buildings affected by the proposed building of a Belfast campus for the University of Ulster. The university’s main campus, in the Belfast area, is at Jordanstown.
The following application for planning permission was advertised on 27 April 2012: “Application No: Z/2012/0361/F Location: Metropole, Orpheus, Interpoint, York House, Playboard and Block 82 York Street / Frederick Street / Great Patrick Street, Belfast BT15 1ED Proposal: New university campus in Belfast City Centre. Development of 3 no. new buildings (Block A, Block B and Block C) with total floor area (gross external) of 85736 sqm. The maximum height of the buildings is 12 storeys at corner of Frederick Street and York Street. The development will be characterised by 2 no. lantern features at the corners of York Street and Donegall Street and York Street and Frederick Street. Public realm improvements to York Lane and in proximity to university buildings. Demolition of existing footbridge and development of new footbridge over York Street. Minor works to the existing Block 82 external facades”.
The weekly planning applications advertisement for 7 June 2013 included the following statement “The Department has granted Full Planning Permission for the following planning application: Z/2012/0361/F Council Area: Belfast Location: Metropole, Orpheus, Interpoint, York House, Playboard and Block 82 York Street / Frederick Street / Great Patrick Street, Belfast BT15 1ED”.
The photographs submitted by me have no connection with the university and appear as matter of geographical and historical record only. I have no opinion for or against the move or any planning etc matter connected therewith.
Selection is automatic and approximate, it might not always select closely matching descriptions
- Nos 48-52 York Street, Belfast (proposed development site)
- Nos 28-30 Gt Patrick Street, Belfast
- Proposed Nelson Street housing site, Belfast
- The Academy Street Exchange, Belfast
- Frederick Street regeneration site, Belfast
- The Dunbar Link, Belfast
- The Metropolitan Arts Centre, Belfast
- Mark Royal House redevelopment, Belfast
- Building under construction, Belfast
- Former Belfast Corporation yard
- Redevelopment, former North Queen Street police station, Belfast
- Kent Street/North Street development site, Belfast
- Spanish civil war memorial, Belfast
- Stephen Street site, Belfast
- Union Street, Belfast
- Mural, Corporation Street, Belfast
- Former "Sinclair's" department store, Belfast
- The Royal Exchange site, Belfast
- Lower Garfield Street, Belfast (2010)
- Lower North Street, Belfast 10 October 2010
- Samuel Street development site, Belfast
- Former Ulster Bank head office, Belfast
- The "Nambarrie" site, Belfast
- Clifton Street graveyard, Belfast
These Shared Descriptions
are common to multiple images. For example, you can create a generic description for an object shown in a photo, and reuse the description on all photos of the object. All descriptions are public and shared between contributors, i.e. you can reuse a description created by others, just as they can use yours.
Created: Fri, 13 Apr 2012, Updated: Thu, 10 Apr 2014
The 'Shared Description' text on this page is Copyright 2012 Albert Bridge, however it is specifically licensed so that contributors can reuse it on their own images without restriction.