Ways to view Geograph Images
Published: 8 June 2007
- or simply goto a random square!
- View Search in Maps, using the Google Maps 'Display Format', example
- The Browser has a Map view - which includes OSM Maps as a layer.
- Our Coverage Map (new version) displays coverage on OSM Maps.
- View all images in the Geograph Superlayer (requires GE4+) [Featured in the Google Earth Gallery!]
- View individual photos in GE, using the KML button on the Photo page
- View search results in GE, using the KML button bottom Right - has options for loading via Network Links
- Use the GPX export - save the GPX and drag to Google Earth
- View a good selection of images using a view based network links (similar to Superlayer for GE3), click here and choose 'Wide Area'
- View coverage hectad graphs, see
- Use the MemoryMap export
- Memory Map should also be able to load GPX Coverage Files and/or Search results in GPX format.
- Use the GPX exports, is probably the simplest.
- We have a variety of exports via our API (linked below) which should be suitable.
- One of our members has written a mini-guide on loading CSV files produced by the site directly into ArcGIS, see the article here.
... contact us if you would like more information!
... with a bit of simple scripting its also possible to use many of the outputs from the API to load data into programs. Let us know if we can be of assistance!
Many other sites also syndicate our images, look out for them on your travels around the web