SE0754 : The west tower - Priory Church of St Mary and St Cuthbert

taken 11 years ago, near to Bolton Abbey, North Yorkshire, Great Britain

The west tower - Priory Church of St Mary and St Cuthbert
The west tower - Priory Church of St Mary and St Cuthbert
The west tower of the priory church was begun in 1520 but had not been completed when Bolton Priory was dissolved in 1539. The tower doesn't quite connect with the nave and conceals the 13th century facade of the nave. The nave was retained as the parish church.
Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright Phil Champion and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for Large scale mapping
Change to interactive Map >
Grid Square
SE0754, 329 images   (more nearby )
Photographer
  (find more nearby)
Date Taken
Saturday, 14 February, 2009   (more nearby)
Submitted
Sunday, 15 February, 2009
Category
Religious buildings > Priory   (more nearby)
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 073 542 [100m precision]
WGS84: 53:59.0282N 1:53.4102W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! SE 073 542
View Direction
EAST (about 90 degrees)
Looking for a postcode? Try this pageExternal link
Clickable map
+


Image classification(about): Geograph
This page has been viewed about 82 times.
View this location: KML (Google Earth) · Google MapsExternal link · Bing MapsExternal link · Geograph Coverage Map · geotagged! More Links for this image
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
[Mark
You are not logged in login | register