1990

NO6759 : House of Dun

taken 34 years ago, near to Dun, Angus, Scotland

This is 1 of 12 images, with title House of Dun in this square
House of Dun
House of Dun
Now in the care of the National Trust for Scotland this house dates from 1730.
It was owned by David Erskine, Laird of Dun,a judge of the Court of Session and cousin of the Jacobite Earl of Mar. The architect was William Adam, father of the equally famous architects James and Robert. However, the house was not completed until around 1742. amongst the glories of the house is the magnificent plasterwork, the craftsmanship of Joseph Enzer.

Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]   © Copyright ronnie leask and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
Category: Historic building
This photo is linked from: Automatic Clusters: · National Trust for Scotland [4] · David Erskine [3] Title Clusters: · House of Dun [12] ·
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
+
+
1:50,000 Modern Day Landranger(TM) Map © Crown Copyright
TIP: Click the map for more Large scale mapping
Grid Square
NO6759, 38 images   (more nearby 🔍)
Photographer
ronnie leask   (more nearby)
Date Taken
June 1990   (more nearby)
Submitted
Friday, 17 April, 2009
Subject Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 670 598 [100m precision]
WGS84: 56:43.7213N 2:32.4547W
Camera Location
OSGB36: geotagged! NO 6704 5975
View Direction
NORTH (about 0 degrees)
Clickable map
+
NW N NE
W Go E
SW S SE
Image classification(about): Geograph · First in 5 Years (TPoint) (about)
This page has been viewed about 541 times
You are not logged in login | register